One of the things I love about Washington, MO is that we have so many one of a kind family-owned restaurants which offer wonderful atmosphere and delicious food. Depending what you are in the mood for, you have plenty of options for lunch and dinner. One of them is Miller’s Grill!
Jennifer Hill was kind enough to do an online interview with me! Here it is:
1. How long have you been in business? Our first restaurant opened doors in Houston, Missouri in 2002. The Washington location was opened in November 2004.
2. What are some of your most popular items on the menu? We have several! Not sure if there is any ONE that would win in popularity. Our ribs, catfish, steaks, prime rib, salads and burgers have all been praised by our guests. I love our new Baja Fish Wrap!
Who prepares all the food? We have multiple staff members who prepare the food starting with the prep cooks at 8 am each morning. All our salads include fresh vegetables that we cut up each morning. During “meal times”, we have a line of cooks who prepare different parts of the meals.
4. What’s involved in owning a successful restaurant? The quality of our food and staff is very important. We expect certain standards from our employees which in turn, provides high standards for our guests. As any employer knows, the right people can make or break a business. We have been fortunate that some of our Washington staff has been with us since we opened in 2004. If they are performing the procedures and guidelines that Larry and Christie have implemented, then the guests will receive great food and service.
5. What makes you unique? We offer a casual dining atmosphere with quality food. The grade of meat we use is comparable to what you receive in a five star restaurant. Larry and Christie will not compromise on the quality of our raw ingredients. We provide basic great food. Nothing fancy….just good food. We also offer a full bar. (The Perfect Margarita and martinis are my favorite!)
6. What do you love the most about your business? Meeting new people and serving the community.
7. What do you love most about Washington? Miller’s Grill tries to stay involved in the community. We are members of the Chamber as well as Downtown Washington. We participate in several downtown events like Sunset on the Riverfront. We donate gift certificates to most events and we open our facilities for groups to host their Saturday morning breakfasts. During the school year, almost every Saturday will be booked for these breakfasts. The groups range from soccer teams to dance teams to Pro Life Groups to hardship cases. We enjoy helping as much as possible.
Miller’s is located at 2301 Highway A (in city limits, ½ mile south of Hwy 100). Their phone number is 636-390-0167. You can find them online at www.millers-grill.com. Make sure you like them on Facebook.